Studio 5000 DINT addressing

Think of the Source (SSV) and Destination (GSV) as the starting address for your data.

With the GSV, it will start moving the first "time" data into element [0] then the remaining pieces of data will land in the consecutive array elements. It must grab all seven values. It will fail if your array isn't large enough. The array could be larger than 7 elements, but not smaller.

By forcing you to pick the element within the array you could actually write to any seven consecutive elements in a large array. But of course, you would almost always want to start with element 0.

As an alternative, you could also create a User-defined Data Type (UDT) specifically for the time. Same basic idea. You create a UDT that has seven DINT members. The big difference is that you can name each member with meaningful names.

OG

WallClock.png