Programming Question - Current Transducer

I have a Pump 1 Current in my Local:5:I.Ch00Data address. I need to add this to my ladder logic program as the goal is to have it eventually be a display on the HMI for the operators. I tried to add the Pump_1_Current tag as a XIC and then add a NOP at the end of the rung, but it says "argument must match parameter data type"... What am I missing here?

This is an analog input signal, 4-20 MA, in a 1756-IF16IH card.

I have a Pump 1 Current in my Local:5:I.Ch00Data address. I need to add this to my ladder logic program as the goal is to have it eventually be a display on the HMI for the operators. I tried to add the Pump_1_Current tag as a XIC and then add a NOP at the end of the rung, but it says "argument must match parameter data type"... What am I missing here?

This is an analog input signal, 4-20 MA, in a 1756-IF16IH card.

XIC instructions require a BOOL tag. There is no need to have the tag in your ladder logic in order for the HMI to display it. If you need to use it for logic or control or to manipulate it mathematically, then you would need to use it in the logic somewhere.

If you just want a dummy rung so you can have a handy way to see it, use an EQU instruction where the sources can be numeric data types.

Try:
EQU Local:5:I.Ch00Data 0 NOP
And see if that will validate.