UniOP CP01-04 Designer 6 software

eckert16

Have a UniOP CP01-04 Panel; been trying to track down a link/website to directly purchase the UniOP Designer 6 software online, and have been unsuccessful. Obviously I need to get the instructions from the CP01-04, and this software is required in order to perform this operation (I'll consider other options if available).

The EXOR RD website http://www.exor-rd.com is "Fancy" and 'very sophisticated' employing all the latest 'website bells and whistles' but it is not friendly nor useful as it has no search results which bring up 'Designer 6' as even being a product of theirs.

The EXOR international site provides a link for an update to the software
http://www.exorint.net/desupdates.html
but it is not and does not provide a solution for getting the Designer 6 software itself.... If I was a company, and I had software for sale.... I'd want people to be able to easily purchase it.

Yep. I see on the PLC talk websites that this is a frequent question for various softwares. 'Contact a distributor' is not a response that I'm seeking. I'm not with a 'Big Name Brand company'.

I'm just trying to help out a friend, I'm not a factory PLC tech, and don't do PLCs for a living.

[Salty] We've done the 'contact a distributor' thing from 4 regional areas. When we finally convince regional PLC Techs to come out, they charge out the ying yang. When they come to the garage for an hour, and are on the phone back to their distributor for expert advice the entire time; don't fix a thing, yet bill us dang near more that the value of the machine... yeah, I expect a PLC Tech to at least have the software for the equipment when they come to do service on that equipment. More than once already...I wonder how these techs even got hired, or why any company would hire them.

Thank you, and I understand the website has the distributor 'thing a ma jig' for locating distributors. It is not efficient when distributors likewise only have a phone/email that answers Mon-Fri 9-5... sometimes... even less when they learn they won't get mega-dollars from an easy-money factory-installed multiple-licensee corporate-buyer, but a one-off localyocal.

Please, responses are always...contact a local distributor. Well, we don't have a local distributor. All are minimum 4 hours drive away ..it'd be nice if some distributor somewhere would put up a link to purchase UniOp software online.... or even put it on the AppleStore. That's more efficient, even if the product is outdated or discontinued.

In the end...I don't have the software...can't find it available ONLINE anywhere stateside or overseas...

[Salt Continues:] Since I did use the 'find a distributor' "feature" on the website over the weekend, I now will continue to wait until one of the distributors somewhere that I've called and emailed over the weekend to 'maybe' get back to me [if they are even in business]...and hopefully I'll be doing absolutely nothing when they call me so I can answer the phone and convince THEM to sell ME the Designer 6 product that I need to purchase ...

And at the same time I have continuously fight off the distributor's sales pitches to upgrade to the latest PLC/HMI/Software everything for 15 grand for a darn machine that doesn't net 10 grand a year, afterwhich they'll transfer me finally to the person that will sell me the software on the phone, and then they will post a time limited access LINK to a site on the internet to download the software [A link is what I've been asking since the beginning].

I apologize about the saltiness...but this leaves a disgusting taste in the mouth.

... If I was a company, and I had software for sale.... I'd want people to be able to easily purchase it.
They have hardware for sale, not software, and UniOP is outdated/deprecated. The shiny new thing is jMobile.
free licences to get when you purchase a package with hardware, from your local supplier ofcourse. just like it happened with UniOP/designer in the past.

there is a shady workaround with finding a 5.xx version and downloading the latest 6.xx update.