Wonderware Intouch not Recognized the License

Dzakwan

Hello,

I really need help. I have Intouch 2012 R2 and already have the wwsuite & archestra.lic on it. when I copied that license on the destination, the intouch still not recognized any license and start with the demo version.

The start pop-up from intouch show "N/A" when usually show my company name and the expired date.

The issue happened when I re-install the OS in my VMware, but when I initialize the my intouch in my VM the FIRST TIME, this issue is not happened and license work perfectly.

Any suggestion? I already try un-installing intouch, disactivate anti virus, connect/dis-connect to internet, until I re-installing my OS at my VM again. but, the problem still the same. Your help is appreciated, Thanks :geek:

I'm not familiar with Intouch licensing but many have copy protection so you have to use the utility supplied to transfer the license to & from the license disk or medium. trying to copy can result in destroying the license. I heard an issue with Rockwell where a guy used the wrong transfer utility and wrong license disk, Old one in place of later version, it popped up a message saying wrong serial number and wrecked the licenses on the disk.
have they got a utility where you can view the licenses, it depends on what the licensing protocol is, many use the internet or a ID of the computer plus the validation of the purchaser. even though it is a VM, is it the same physical machine ? as if not it will have a different ID.

I'm not familiar with Intouch licensing but many have copy protection so you have to use the utility supplied to transfer the license to & from the license disk or medium. trying to copy can result in destroying the license. I heard an issue with Rockwell where a guy used the wrong transfer utility and wrong license disk, Old one in place of later version, it popped up a message saying wrong serial number and wrecked the licenses on the disk.
have they got a utility where you can view the licenses, it depends on what the licensing protocol is, many use the internet or a ID of the computer plus the validation of the purchaser. even though it is a VM, is it the same physical machine ? as if not it will have a different ID.

The first time I install it on my VM, it work perfectly. But, when I re-installing the VM, this issue always persist and the license is not recognized.

It is pretty hard to corrupt an Intouch license...no copy protection and you can even rename it. Nowhere near the fiasco of handling a Rockwell License.

It is pretty hard to corrupt an Intouch license...no copy protection and you can even rename it. Nowhere near the fiasco of handling a Rockwell License.

Yap, I already search the solution on google, and found somebody have the same issue at insource. But, there is no actual solution for this. So I ask a help here

It was some years ago I used intouch in the 90's, it was a new version at that time, however, the license file that came with it would not work, we contacted them and they told me that the new license type had not been released so they sent me their own version with a date limit as a temporary measure, you could copy it & I still have it, although it's V7.xx I still have it installed on an old XP laptop & if I wanted to use it I just need to put the date back. certainly not copy protected but I'm sure there is some sort of protection i.e. computer ID now. If you have a valid license then you should be able to get help from the supplier if your license is registered.

What version is your license?
What does Wonderware tell you when you try to load license?
Di you look in the SMC Console, under "Log Viewer>Default Group>Local" to see what error is shown?

It was some years ago I used intouch in the 90's, it was a new version at that time, however, the license file that came with it would not work, we contacted them and they told me that the new license type had not been released so they sent me their own version with a date limit as a temporary measure, you could copy it & I still have it, although it's V7.xx I still have it installed on an old XP laptop & if I wanted to use it I just need to put the date back. certainly not copy protected but I'm sure there is some sort of protection i.e. computer ID now. If you have a valid license then you should be able to get help from the supplier if your license is registered.

More secure license control happened AFTER Intouch 2012.
Now the license is cloud controlled and you have to use "Schneider Electrical License" utility, later it was changed to "Aveva Enterprise Licensing".

What version is your license?
What does Wonderware tell you when you try to load license?
Di you look in the SMC Console, under "Log Viewer>Default Group>Local" to see what error is shown?

It says "101 4/22/2020 9:57:51 PM 360 2216 Warning intouch Failed to acquire any type of license feature 'InTouch' of version 10.6"

Any hint?

It says "101 4/22/2020 9:57:51 PM 360 2216 Warning intouch Failed to acquire any type of license feature 'InTouch' of version 10.6"

Any hint?

Open the license in Notepad and see if there is an "Intouch" feature line.
What version is shown? Is that the same (or higher) version to your installed Intouch version? Ie.... Intouch 2012 license will not work on Intouch 2014 or Intouch 2017..... I figure you knew that...