Twincat PLC - how declare variable

derickloo

I'm new in PLC programming. I have a small project which have 12 temperature sensor. How I should declare the variable for this 12 sensor.

I try code below

temp0 AT %IW10: INT;
temp1 AT %IW12:INT;

I also have 24 controller which use to control/adjust the temperature. How I should declare this 24 controller?

Hello: I am not fully understanding the statement "24 controller". Can you please add more information? With regards to the declaration of the variables, it looks OK, but you do need to have the physical IO connected either through local or remote IO such as fieldbus or real-time Ethernet (such as EtherCAT), actually configured to the IO addresses indicated in the declaration's "AT" qualifier.

For variables that will be linked to physical I/O, Beckhoff recommends that you use automatic addressing in your variable declarations:

temp0 AT %I*: INT;
temp1 AT %I*: INT;

The asterisk means that TwinCAT will assign available memory to the address at compile time.

You can also use automatic addressing in arrays, so a quick way to make variables for your 12 sensors would be:

temp AT %I*: ARRAY[0..11] OF INT;

Each element of the array could then be linked to the corresponding integer in the I/O image.