RSLogix 500 little image blue bug with a red dot on its back

rbrower

RSLogix 500, what is the little image next to the ladder in the project tree? it looks like a little blue bug with a red dot on its back. just curious, I haven't seen it before.

RSLogix 500  little image   ladder   project tree  blue bug with a red dot on its back  3-21 (1).jpg

No problem. Only remove it from debug if it shouldn't be in debug though. If you know who worked on the project last you should ask them if they're finished debugging the routine.

It is hard to tell without zooming it, but the red dot is actually a "D". So, a bug with a "D" gets us "Debug"

Debug ladder files will only download and execute in the RSEmulate 500 emulator program. You will see them offline, but they do not execute online with a physical CPU. I don't remember if they are displayed online with a physical CPU. I don't think they are, but I can't say for certain.

OG

Last edited:
From RSLogix help

Debug
If you want the data table file to be a debug file select this check box. Debug files are special files that you create to simulate your inputs. You can use these files with RSEmulate 500 to simulate the function of your ladder logic program on your personal computer. (Debug files are automatically filtered out when downloading to your real SLC or MicroLogix controller.)