Trending Add On Instruction Tags

nik124

Hello all,
Is there a way to trend tags associated with AOI? Currently the selection is grayed out. The tag is a local tag and it resides in a specific program scope. There is no alias for this tag either. Other tags that reside in this specific AOI show up as a selection to trend and some do not in the same AOI. Any help is appreciated!

Interesting.

When you create local tags in an AOI, their "external access" is None by default. I was thinking that this had something to do with it. Turns out not to be the case.

This appears to be some odd limitation of the trend as I can access local AOI tags outside of LogixDesigner (when set to read/write or read only access), so it seems like there should be no reason that the trend couldn't have access to them.

Can I create a tag to alias to that tag in the AOI or is that not possible?

Nope. I think you are going to have to edit the AOI. If you look at the tag instance of your AOI in controller tags, you'll see that the local tags are not accessible.