Converting Schneider ControlExpert project backwards to Unity Pro

ebretern

Is there a tool to convert a ControlExpert project (.sta, .ztx or .zef in v14.1 or v15) to be opened using Unity Pro (v11 or V10) ?

Thanks,

ZEF has been the most reliable for me, but there are some differences in new projects that can make it difficult. Make sure in Control Expert that you prepare as much as possible for the conversion. Set the CPU required firmware version low enough that your version of Unity Pro supports it. Export and remove any Program Units because those are likely unsupported. Try those two things and let me know if it works.

On open stu or sta file there is tick box for selecting version base.
Select v10 and after opening rebuild and save with new name.
Firmware version needs to be selected low enought (old enought) that new file can be opened on lower CE or unity version.

You can go also below v10 versions, but then older libraries needs to be installed to computer first.

Best is if you can test file opening after deupgrading with older unity version on different computer.
If there is error it is probably of too new FW selection on hardware and PLC is not recognized on old installation.

For some reasons v15 and v14.1 have sometimes problem to converting different versions.
After selecting and convert base file have been still newer than selection.
Selecting even older version then rebuild and converting again have worked.
Sometimes boot of CE or laptop and new convert.