obsolete AllenBradley encoder cable

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
I don't do much in the Allen Bradley world. I have a customer that has some old Allen Bradley hardware. The encoder cable got ruined and it seems there is no replacement available anywhere.

any suggestions? p/n is 9101-1366-010

or if I could get a pinout for this cable, we could probably make one to get that back up and running.

Much appreciated.
-lesmar96

Why not make you own cable
I would assume the connector is still usable i have made many of them over the years
Icom should have the cable ou need or there ar many other sources.
most encoder would use 10 cond 5 shielded tuisted pare it not tht diffacult
In the old days we nearly always made our own

Thanks for that! but I had called them yesterday and they said they did not have it in stock.

Thanks for that! but I had called them yesterday and they said they did not have it in stock.

That's the problem with Radwell. They like their website to show that they have absolutely everything you can imagine, but in reality, they might have a contact or a good source and a price for you, but no real parts to back that up. I have used them a couple of times with good results, and have been told, "sorry, we can't actually get that for you" once.

the number of wires in the cable should no be a problem
you can always find a cable
if you have a connections diagram or at least a pinout
nobody stocks much of anything anymore
Is then connector any good or do you need to replace it

we do have a connection diagram and yes we will make our own because we can buy the connectors. I did find the OEM apparently still has them but I am waiting on confirmation.