Can't perform online edits Studio5k v.21.03

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I have a controLogix running studio5k v.21.03 that I am unable to do a couple of things. First, I cannot perform any online edits. I went into options to see if there was something there....nothing. Under Logic>online edits all are greyed out. Second, when I perform a reference check it will show me the locations where tags are used however, when I double-click them it does nothing. All it does is display this at the bottom of my display:
What..PNG

Hello all, I have a controLogix running studio5k v.21.03 that I am unable to do a couple of things. First, I cannot perform any online edits. I went into options to see if there was something there....nothing. Under Logic>online edits all are greyed out.
Any chance the keyswitch is in RUN mode? iirc you need to be in REMOTE RUN in order to make online edits.

Second, when I perform a reference check it will show me the locations where tags are used however, when I double-click them it does nothing. All it does is display this at the bottom of my display:
View attachment 58616
At a guess the tag is used in a source protected routine.

Can you make edits to the offline project? I can think of a couple things offhand that will prevent editing period, but nothing other than the keyswitch that would only affect online.