TIA Portal VPN Access (PPP adaptor)

Hal9000

Hi all,

My customer has given me VPN access to their network so that I can connect to the S7-1500 PLC and unified HMI.

Because I'm using VPN I get a new adaptor appearing in my 'network & connections', this s is a PPP adaptor but this adaptor is NOT listed in TIA Portal when I attempt to download to the PLC.

I can ping the PLC/HMI ok and I have checked the ports are available on the network via Telnet and confirmation from the customers IT people that all required ports are open and they have captured my telnet telegrams ok.

Are there any settings I need to apply to get TIA to see the PPP adaptor?

Justin

I only use the S7-1200, so if I am talking b*llocks, do forgive. Have you tried selecting the network you set for the type of interface (PN/IE for me), then your Ethernet card for the interface, subnet PN/IE_1 for me. Then make sure you choose 'show devices with the same address' rather than compatible or accessible devices. That usually works with VPN connections for me.

Hi Bryan,

That was a good call. My CPU is a S7-1517 with 2x ethernet ports. In device configuration I hadn't allocated the 2nd one to any subnet, so I allocated it to PN/IE_2.

I then selected my local ethernet card as the adaptor and subnet PN/IE_2 and it connected!

Many thanks!