Assigning Device Name - ET200SP

Hal9000

Hi all,

I am in the throes of commissioning a single S7-1517 cpu and I'm utilising both ethernet ports, X1 and X2, with individual IP addresses. X1 is a local IO network and X2 is on the corporate network.

The PLC program has been loaded successfully into the CPU via a VPN connection routed through to ethernet port X2.

The CPU is complaining that the ET200SP interface modules are 'not reachable' and my guess is I need to assign the 'device name' to the ET200SP ProfiNet interface module. (The customer assures me they are powered up and the ethernet cables are fitted correctly).

The issue I'm having is I don't seem to be able to assign the 'device name'.

Is this because I'm connected to X2 and the IO is on X1?

Regards,

Justin

Some VPN's do not transmit the messages required to assign the Profinet names (e w o n for example).

If you configure the topology in the project and it is wired exactly as that, the device names are assigned automatically.

Hi LD

Ok, that's very useful to know, I wonder if the patch cables have been plugged into different ports on the Scalance switch.

Cheers

Justin