Retirement

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
So, in 9 days time, I will retire my business, and hang up my boots. You will see changes to my avatar and forum profile.

I don't intend to leave the forum, I still feel I can make a contribution now and again.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me on this epic journey through these hallowed pages.

To anyone I have crossed swords with, I apologise, and to anyone I have helped, you are most welcome....

🍻

Best of luck in retirement and hope you are able to enjoy the fruits of your hard labour and the love of your family.
I pretty much retired in my early 50's and if you can retire earlier l am very jealous, there is far better things to do than go to work, anything is better than work if you have enjoyable hobbies.
Don't get me wrong, l enjoyed work, but l enjoyed more not going to work.
I always read your posts and have gained knowledge, so thank you very much and will look forward to your next posts.

Congratulations Dabba, I retired 2 years ago, thought I would miss work but I would not go back, although I still like to keep my hand in that's why I'm still here. Enjoy your retirement & it's good you will still be able to help others on this forum.

Congrats!
It was pleasure to read your posts. I believe that having the craft is one skill, but having the ability to transfer to someone else the knowledge is special skill that only few have.
In my family it is believed that when you go to retirement, you don't stop to work, but you continue to work only the things you really like/enjoy in order to have long and happy life. For example, my father has 73 years, and 5 years ago he again, after 30 years, become professional 9-pin bowler and he is in top 50 in country that is world champion in that sport and he enjoys the game now more than ever.
I believe that we will see lot of your posts/advices/opinions, in this forum, in future :)

Congrats on going for retirement. make sure you enjoy it!

I have started planning for mine, hopefully in 3 years time. Pensions are doing nicely, have informed my employer, causing a wee bit panic, as they try to decide how to replace me....

I plan on retiring the end of this year. But my life has been so involved with control and solving control problems, I fear it will be hard to leave.
Do you think about that end of retirement?

Congrats on retirement.

I always look forward to reading your replies as you help many people here and hope you will find time to drop in every now and then.

🍻🍻🍻