RSlogix CDM

todster

I have a custom data monitor with 66 accumulators in it plus one reset bit to reset all counters and timers. The accumulators are used to monitor line stoppages which show performance of employees . The reset is for the counters and timers. I have spaces after every third accumulator (accumulators are in groups of 3). I have to click in several different areas as I scroll through the CDM in order for it to update the values. This is true after toggling the reset bit also. Is this normal or is something like the spaces causing it to not update the CDM until I click in the viewing area? Also the accumulators were typed in and not drag 'n' drop. On other control cabinets were there are only 20 or less accumulators, they are always updated when I view them and I don't have to click someplace in the viewing area to refresh the values.

TIA

HMM? I use the CDM a lot and have never had the above problem. Although I have never tried to put that many point in one CDM. I was just looking at one of my projects and have a couple that have 36 points without problems. (discrete points). They also have spaces used as title bars.
With my computer I cannot see more then about 36 point on the screen at one time so more points would not help. You might try creating another CDM to split the points. You can then open more then one CDM at a time if you like. I have never done this ( two CDMs open at the same time) with one with a lot of points so don't know if this would cause update problems.

We have to take the values and put into an Excel spread sheet for performance monitoring. everyone else scrolls through the programs from 4 diff. cabinets. I prefer to print them out from the cdm then use our printer/scanner and email to myself as a PDF then I cut and paste onto spreadsheet and do the task in about 2 minutes instead of 45 minutes. Wish they had bought the better version of rslinx with the DB capabilities. The refresh isn't a big deal except that sometimes if you double click in one spot then scroll and double click in another area it tends to end up cutting out one of the accumulators and you have to be paying attention so as that you don't save the file like that.