Trends not showing history in Factory talk view ME

I have recently added a trends in Factory talk 5.0 ME in one of the screens. But i have noticed that the trends plots the graph only when I open the screen. On closing the display or changing to other displays/screens, the plot is lost. That means the trends only plot when that particular display is active. How to rectify this problem i.e to plot the graph always whether the display is active or not and also retain the history?

Last edited:
It's not necessarily a bug; he might have not enabled the Data Log Model to start when the application starts, or he might not have added the tags he is using to the Data Log Model.

But there is definitely a bug where the Data Log Model, despite being configured correctly, simply doesn't start.

I found version 5.10.03 to be the most stable with regard to that specific bug. Despite fixes that might have been included in later revisions (even 5.10.10), I have intentionally kept all of my Version 5 terminals at 5.10.03.

Hi,

i am beginner in factory talk.
Recently i have face a historical trend problem.
Back then i configure the historical trend in ME, all working fine, i have enabled the startup and everything while commissioning but suddenly the trend not showing the past data anymore. I reconfigure the setup again it working for awhile then next time i download runtime to HMI again,not working anymore. I am using panel view plus 7, for factory talk view studio ME i using version 11. Any ideas why?

Since you had it working before, maybe could be the following:

Check your Max data points in your data log model properties.

Before you load the application to the PVP 7, make sure the time/date of panel is the same as your plc controller. Otherwise the trend will not display the historical data from the past hours.

Yes we sync the time from PLC to HMI, using global connection.
Will that affect my historical trend?

If so how to sync time/date of panel with plc controller?
Panel as in u mean HMI?

Cuz I am unfamiliar with factory talk, any help would be appreciated thank youu.