Panelview Plus 7 CSV export to USB stick

I am trying to export the alarm history on a Panelview Plus 7 to a USB stick. I cannot get it to write to the USB stick.

I have tried the following:

In FTView Studio, under CSV Export setup:

I have "Enable CSV Export" checked
Under "type" I have "alarm information" checked
Under "connection" I have my export trigger that I have checked that it is coming on and off when I press the pushbutton assigned to that tag.

Under Path, I have tried:
\Storage card2
\USB Storage\

When I tried it with the path set to \USB Storage\ and I went to the desktop of the panelview, there was a folder called \USB Storage\ in file explorer, but it appeared to be on the local disk, and not written to the USB.

I am assuming I do not have the correct path set up for this to work. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any kind of techconnect contract so I'm hoping someone here can assist.

I have never done a CSV export but to save a .mer file to usb external storage the path is Rockwell Software/RsViewME/Runtime.

if you plug in a new flash drive, wait a few minutes and the panelview will create the directory.

You will want to check your FTV Studio "Startup" and see if a check mark "Alarms" in the Start when project is run is enabled.

In the CVS Export Setup in Path use for external USB drive: \USB storage
For external USB drive folder use example: \USB storage\CVSfolder

I have never done a CSV export but to save a .mer file to usb external storage the path is Rockwell Software/RsViewME/Runtime.

if you plug in a new flash drive, wait a few minutes and the panelview will create the directory.

I am not seeing this, when I plug the USB stick into either of the two USB ports and look at file explorer on the panelview's desktop, I am not seeing anything change, no new directories created, nothing on the screen popping up showing it recognizes anything has been plugged in...

It's not easy, and it's not a direct .csv export.

See this knowledge base article: Access everyone.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/823751

Thanks Ken, but I am confused when you say it's not a .csv export, the function I am trying to use in FTView studio V11 is called "CSV Export Setup" I would think that would export a CSV file? I can see the CSV files being created in the Panelview's file explorer, under whichever folder I specify in the CSV Export setup dialog under the "Path" field. However the folder that I specify is being created in the Panelview's memory and not being written to USB.

IE: if I specify the path as "\USB Storage", download the project, then click my new button which triggers the CSV Export, then go to the desktop of the panelview, in file explorer I see a new folder called "USB Storage" is created and the CSV files with the alarm history is in the folder. However I wanted it to write this CSV to the USB stick inserted into the back of the panelview. This is where I am stuck.

You will want to check your FTV Studio "Startup" and see if a check mark "Alarms" in the Start when project is run is enabled.

In the CVS Export Setup in Path use for external USB drive: \USB storage
For external USB drive folder use example: \USB storage\CVSfolder

I have checked this and under startup, Alarms is checked

Odd, maybe the PVP is not recognizing your USB drive. Try this, go to the configuration screen on the PVP and select the load option, then see if it will show External Storage 1 and External Storage 2. If these selections remain grayed out then the usb drive media is not recognized.

Odd, maybe the PVP is not recognizing your USB drive. Try this, go to the configuration screen on the PVP and select the load option, then see if it will show External Storage 1 and External Storage 2. If these selections remain grayed out then the usb drive media is not recognized.

Yes, it has taken 5 or more minutes for some sticks on my end and a few were never recognized.

Ok, I figured it out. Before starting, I grabbed a new usb stick and it was formatted for "exfat" I had to reformat for "FAT32" and after that it worked. In the desktop it now shows the USB stick when I insert or remove and it displays it as a drive and not a folder in file explorer in the panelview's desktop.

It now exports a CSV file containing the alarm history to the inserted USB stick.

Just for future reference for anyone wondering, the directory of the two USB ports in the back are "\USB Storage2" and "\USB Storage3"

Ok, I figured it out. Before starting, I grabbed a new usb stick and it was formatted for "exfat" I had to reformat for "FAT32" and after that it worked. In the desktop it now shows the USB stick when I insert or remove and it displays it as a drive and not a folder in file explorer in the panelview's desktop.

It now exports a CSV file containing the alarm history to the inserted USB stick.

Just for future reference for anyone wondering, the directory of the two USB ports in the back are "\USB Storage2" and "\USB Storage3"

Lol. Thanks for the update. I was scrolling down to the bottom post to ask about the format. Those type of things are why I carry this around with me.

Screenshot_20211201-164322_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211201-164247_Gallery.jpg