FTView ME rev.12 dowloading issue

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I am wanting to upload a new runtime file to my PV+ 1500 and it isn't allowing it because firmware appears to only accept those files created in rev.8 or earlier and I am using v.12. Is this the same as a CPU that requires a flash to a newer version or will this h-ware just not work with the newer s-ware? When I tried to use the transfer utility this is what it displayed:
View alert.PNG

When you create the runtime, you can choose to save it as an 8.0 application, see the attached image. This should run in your PV+1500. It should be easier than trying to flash your PanelView to V12, but to answer your question, it is the same as the PLCs in that the runtime file must match the version of the PanelView. Fortunately FactoryTalk View Studio, unlike Studio 5000 where you need multiple versions installed to match the various processors you work with, allows you to save mers in older formats.

ME Runtime Creation.png

Last edited: