Studio 5000 Online Tag Copy Paste

kevilay

Hello Guys,

I have just upgraded an older machine from a old processor to a new studio 5000 processor (1756-L83ES). For some reason when I am online I cannot copy paste tags. I was doing it no problem on RSLogix 5000 & I was almost 100% positive I have been able to do it in studio in the past. We are running V31.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

If you are doing online edits you must first double click the rung you want to paste to, the rung will show an in edit state. Then you can paste, then accept and finalize the edit of the rung.

If you are doing online edits you must first double click the rung you want to paste to, the rung will show an in edit state. Then you can paste, then accept and finalize the edit of the rung.

I was actually referring to copy and pasting tags in the tag edit screen. Not actually ladder logic. Normally you would copy paste it and it would add a 1 to the end, then you could rename it to what you want.

Similar situation applies. At the bottom left of the tag window you would need to be on “edit” tab and not the monitor tab. Have you tried that?

Similar situation applies. At the bottom left of the tag window you would need to be on “edit” tab and not the monitor tab. Have you tried that?

Yes I was definitely on the edit tab. When I right click I just cant select paste.