S5 Siemens open and view code

oh man your good i have been trying for ages to sort this out.
trouble is I only have what i think is the old program s5 which is maybe a dos program and not s5 for windows which looks amazingly easier.
would you know from the list of files i have tell me which is the program and which ones are not used ?
regards
Mark.
ps thank you so much for your help and time.

if you have the files would you be able to print the ladder out to a file and send me it as i don't think i am ever going to learn how to use this old steps program and if i had ladder i could rewrite on something more friendly.
regards
Mark

would you know from the list of files i have tell me which is the program and which ones are not used ?

You can only use the one .BK5 file by renaming to .S5D. All the other files are proprietary to the Quadriga software.

The DOS software you likely have is STEP 5.

See this link that I prepared for how to upload... but read the last step first because that is the key changing to download to the PLC. And in step 3, select the S5D file you want to download.

https://contrologica.com/how-do-i-upload-from-a-siemens-s5-plc-using-step5/

Thanks that's a great help.
Is there part of the s5 program where i could print the logic out in s5 maybe a tutorial for this ?
sorry for taking up much of your time but as said i do very much appreciate the help.
regards
Mark

if you have the files would you be able to print the ladder out to a file and send me it as i don't think i am ever going to learn how to use this old steps program and if i had ladder i could rewrite on something more friendly.

If the Archive(1) file I have is your file, see attached.

Last edited:
Thank you so much there are not words i can say to how much your help as helped me.
I have now got what i need to try sort this machine out for my friend .
regards
mark

Hi not sure you remember all the help you gave me which was much appreciated.
Would you be able to tell me if the stepper motor control unit has a standard program or is it programmed for the machine it is fitted to ?
I have had to get a new one due to other packing up but I’m guessing it’s blank.
Thanks again in advance.
Regards
Mark