C-More HMI question

dploof23

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a dialog window pop up, (i.e. "are you sure") when a certain button is pressed on a C-More HMI?

Thanks,

Dave

There isn't a predefined "Are you sure" dialog, but you can roll your own.

Assuming you want a confirmation for a numeric entry, here's one method:
Set up an internal tag in the C-More. Have your primary numeric data entry object write to that tag. In the C-More's event manager, create an event that makes your confirmation screen pop up whenever the value in the internal tag changes. On the confirmation screen, have the "Yes" response copy the internal tag value to the PLC tag and the "No" response close the confirmation screen. To make the confirmation disappear after a "Yes" response, create an event that closes the screen when the internal tag value is equal to the PLC tag.

Note that this is off the top of my head. I haven't actually tested it, but it is how I would approach it.

There isn't a predefined "Are you sure" dialog, but you can roll your own.

Assuming you want a confirmation for a numeric entry, here's one method:
Set up an internal tag in the C-More. Have your primary numeric data entry object write to that tag. In the C-More's event manager, create an event that makes your confirmation screen pop up whenever the value in the internal tag changes. On the confirmation screen, have the "Yes" response copy the internal tag value to the PLC tag and the "No" response close the confirmation screen. To make the confirmation disappear after a "Yes" response, create an event that closes the screen when the internal tag value is equal to the PLC tag.

Note that this is off the top of my head. I haven't actually tested it, but it is how I would approach it.

Thanks Steve,

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Steve,

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Dave

Did this work? One thing I really don't like about CMore is if you allow the range to include "0" as a minimum, it's really easy to change the value to zero when you really intend to not change it at all. I almost always set the minimum to 0.1 or something small to prevent you from doing that without thinking.