Micro850 High Speed Counter Plug-In Module UDFB retentive accumulators

cjarvis64

Hello,

First post to these forums, long time reader. I have Micro850 PLC (2080-LC50-48QWB) with 3 2080-IF4 plug-in modules and 2 2080-MOT-HSC plug-in modules attached. I am reading frequency from (2) flow meters on each of the high speed counter modules. Rockwell provides a suite of UDFB's for these modules, however the version I am using (RA_HSC_PLUGIN_2) does not allow for the accumulated values to be retained through a power cycle. I found a version that does have a ACCRETAIN input, however for whatever reason it only supports one accumulator. o_O

My question is, does anyone know of a UDFB that someone has written that has an ACCRETAIN input as well as support (2) accumulators? I would just use 4 counter cards but I've filled up my plug-in module space, and moving the analogs to a expansion card isn't an option at the moment. I have attached an image of the different rockwell UDFB's for these counter modules. Thank you.

UDFBs.jpg

To anyone that finds this thread with the same or similar issue, I ended up implementing my logic using the embedded HSCE and HSCE_CFG instructions. These give you the freedom to write to the accumulator with the InitAccum input on the HSCE_CFG instruction.

Good day, I have these two written in ladder but cannot get them to work. I am not sure I have them wired correctly. I have two flowmeters going to them sending a D/D- and they are passive so require source. Any recommendations on wiring and some configuration? I am running two flowmeters to one HSC and need the pulse count from each. They run asynchronous so they are not coming in the same time.