tia portal v11

RY_Guthrie

I have a tia portal application programmed in ver 11, but when I try to open the application it says its missing v11 update 2, I downloaded and installed them but I still get the message. I am trying to open this on a windows 10 64 bit machine. Has anybody ran into this issue and is there a work around?

Officially, the highest operating system for V11 + SP2 is Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate/Enterprise SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit). I find at times the operating system requirements for Siemens software to be quite rigid.

It sounds like in order to use a V11 project with V14 or higher, the project has to be opened and saved with V13 + SP1 first.

Last edited:
have you ever had it keep giving the error message install ver 11 update 2 even though you have installed that update? And if so is the only solution is to open it with a later version of tia portal? Or is that even possible?

thumbnail

it actually says the following "product wincc version 11 update 2"
"wincc comfort v11 update 2" see pic above. i have version 11 sp2 update 5 installed according to the "about" under tia portal ver 11. Version 11 does not even give me the option to upload, greyed out. Tried running in compatibility mode and windows 7 and xp sp2 with no luck. Also tried running as administrator with no luck.