Ignition Vision with Electronic Signature Pad

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone integrated an electronic signature pad with Ignition?

I Have an EpadII but i could also look at the Topaz.

We could even just insert the signatures into a database table and then use Ignition to view and link the entries on operator accept.
Im thinking i will need to use the module SDK in ignition and the signature pad java SDK,

but wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

Touchpad and/or Perspective are not an option at this time.

I Have already looked on there, and the only mention was to make my own Module. We are in the process of doing this i am just surprised that nobody has already done this...
Perspective Signature Object is just for Touch screens, which we do not have touch screens or perspective (Vision only Project). we need to use the electronic signature pad for maintaining distancing...

Not true, paintable canvas was mentioned.

Others have done it, they mentioned what they did in the posts. Unless you use Perspective, there is no drop in component, you will need to build your own, or beg someone who has done it to share their code.

Post on the IA forum and see what they say.

We need to use an Electronic Signature pad to do this Job, not a touchscreen device. We have an Epad, but a Topaz would also be acceptable.

The Only mention of an electronic signature pad being integrated with Ignition on the forum was to build a custom module:
https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/anyone-used-digital-signature-pad/10224
but they did not say if they went this route, were successful or not.

I Also spoke to IA Support, and they concluded the same thing to me so i am going this route, was just hoping i would find someone who did it already.

How will the Vision Paintable Canvas bring in a captured signature from one of these devices Phrog30?