Created offline project thats going to be integrated to online machine

Hello
I have a question about integrating an offline project for testing(PLC with same IP address as online), same type PLC and some exact tags and new tags of course, into an online PLC(same IP address as offline). In all of your experience and opinion what would be the best way to go about this?

These are the differences

Online(Currently running machine)PLC

Controller name "PLC"

Has Main Control
MAIN

In
Gauge
Out

Offline project(same IP)
Controller name "PLC"
Has MAIN control

(no In)
(no Gauge)

RobotMainControl
Robot1Unload
Robot2Unload
Out (most tags remained some are new)

So I still need the In and Gauge subprograms. So would it be just as easy to copy and paste the 3 new robot programs(from offline) into the current running PLC controller. And I would have to create all these new tags again? Of can you just copy and paste the tags into the tag data base and therefore not have to create them all? And as for Scope if I already have them under PLC scope would it still recognize that PLC scope even though if was from a different processor? Just curious.....Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

welcome to the forum.

in my opinion, you will have to do the following.
1. go online with the existing plc and save the program and data files.
this is the working plc program and what is on your laptop may be old and no good, so get a good copy. save it somewhere also as a backup.
2. shut down the machine with the good program and clear it out (no parts or product)
3. down your test program using a different name so you don't get them confused.
4, debug your i/o
5. run your program and all product produced IS SCRAP until proven to be good
by quality.
6. this will take time to prove the program, cannot be done in 20 minutes.
document all bugs and issues.
when your time is up, save the program, download the good program backinto the plc (no product on the line), reset the recipes or program to what you need, and let production have the machine.

regards,
james

I don't see the PLC specified, but assuming AB, I would import the offline programs into the online. This will bring all of the tags along for the ride. During the import process you can pick and choose what gets imported.

I don't see the PLC specified, but assuming AB, I would import the offline programs into the online. This will bring all of the tags along for the ride. During the import process you can pick and choose what gets imported.

Yes this is Allen Bradley PLC 1769 L30ER 5370 and when you import the program it automaticlaly goes into the unscheduled files right? Then I can just copy and past from there?

Yes this is Allen Bradley PLC 1769 L30ER 5370 and when you import the program it automaticlaly goes into the unscheduled files right? Then I can just copy and past from there?

It imports where you tell it to. You can import programs and routines. This is an import process, not copy and paste. I recommend trying this offline to test first, to get familiar with it.

You can also copy/paste, drag/drop, but you will have to add tags manually.