Siemens S7 programming software manual

rPraveenkum

Hai guys I want to learn about the Siemens S7 programming software
does any body having manuals or link it will be useful for me to learn

As I know, Siemens doesn't provide demo versions of Step7, but some of their ServicePacks are in fact full installation versions (downloads having a lots of MB).
Newest versions of Step7 are capable of runnig in trial mode (without licence) for about 14 days.

This seems like good theme for my questions, not to open new one.

So,

What is Master Control Relay?
What status bit Status word contains?
BR | CC1 | CC0 | OV | OS | OR | STA | RLO | /FC

I tried to find answers in manual but there I can only find explanations how to use MCR and SW but not what they are.

Tnx.

Master Control Relay:
http://www.plcs.net/chapters/master19.htm

MCR1.JPG

In the LAD/FBD/STL Editor Press F1 on Instruction for a detailed explaination.

Status Word:

Open up the LAD/FBD/STL Editor, goto Help/Help on STL. When inside Help click the "Index" tab and type STA Status Bit (Status Word, Bit 2). There is a detailed explanation of each Bit of the Status Word and its use.

Hope this helps

STL??? said:
Status Word:

Open up the LAD/FBD/STL Editor, goto Help/Help on STL. When inside Help click the "Index" tab and type STA Status Bit (Status Word, Bit 2). There is a detailed explanation of each Bit of the Status Word and its use.
Hope this helps

This is all I have in Help (no detailled explanation):

STA Status Bit (Status Word, Bit 2)

The STA bit stores the value of an addressed bit.
The STA bit is bit 2 of the status word.

The status of a bit logic instruction that performs a read access to memory (A, AN, O, ON, X, or XN) is always the same as the value of the addressed bit. The status of a logic instruction that may perform a write access to the memory (R, S, or =) is the same as the value of the written bit or, if writing is not performed, the same as the value of the addressed bit. The status bit has no significance for bit instructions that do not access the memory. These instructions set STA to 1. The status bit is not read by instructions, it is interpreted for you when viewing the online status of program variables.

I'm using Step7 V5.3 + SP3

Lesa said:
This seems like good theme for my questions, not to open new one.

So,

What is Master Control Relay?
What status bit Status word contains?
BR | CC1 | CC0 | OV | OS | OR | STA | RLO | /FC

I tried to find answers in manual but there I can only find explanations how to use MCR and SW but not what they are.

Tnx.

You are wrong, your questions are totally unrelated and would have had better response as a new thread.