RSView32 & Mettler Toledo

vinitch

Dear All,

For last couple of years I am using Mettler weigh scales with RSView32.I use a ***wedge to grab data in RSview (RS-232).
Is it possible to write a code in RSView32 VBA to get data from weigh scale directly in RSview32?
I need to get rid of ***wedge because its not responding if I connect more than 3 weigh scles.Also my client dont want to start any other software like ***wedge before starting RSView.

He will only start RSView & thats it...

I just want readings from weigh scales into RSView scada...

Please help.

Regards.

Vinit.

Last edited:
You should be able to use an RSView32 VBA module to communicate with the scale. We have a very similar application except we're reading data in from barcode scanners and outputing to a printer using the VBA code from within RSView32. The scanners and printers connect to the computer running RSView through serial, ethernet, and parallel ports.

We have some MT scales in use on other applications, and I know that they are relatively simple to communicate with.

You're a little light on the details, but I can't think of any immediate reason why this wouldn't work.

MT supports Modbus protcol so you could very well write VBA code to read data. Or else , On RSView runtime startup fire an event to start ***wedge to start, so that user does not thave to start this manually.