How to view a Rockwell SLC-500 program

arbj

Hi,

I am trying to integrate my system with a Rockwell SLC-500 PLC. I have the program for the Rockwell PLC with me.

I have downloaded the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite program to view the program, however I get the error 'The project with unsupported processor cannot be opened by RSLogix Micro'.

Could anyone suggest what to do?? I just need to view the program. I want to know how a parallel port is implemented in the PLC. I was hoping to understand the process better by reading the logic.

Are there any read only viewers that allow the program to be viewed ?

It seems the only other way could be to spend several hundred dollars just to see the program.

Kindly help....

thanks
a

The RSLogix Micro Starter Lite only supports the ML1000 and ML1100.

All other PLC's the software is not free.

What is the catalog number of your PLC?

If you post the .RSS file (zip it first) someone can create a PDF for you to view.

I want to know how a parallel port is implemented in the PLC

I am not aware of any Rockwell PLC with a parallel port. The PLC5's have a 25 pin port, but its a serial port.

Last edited:
Do you really mean a parallel port, or a serial port ? A parallel port would be extremely unusual in any PLC.

There is no free or read-only version of RSLogix 500 except for an obsolete version that supported only the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 controllers.

However, it is common on this Forum to ZIP and post a *.RSS program file, and somebody with the software will print it to PDF in response.

The file must be compressed as a ZIP file first; the Forum software will not allow you to attach it otherwise. If you have a DropBox or similar filesharing account, that's workable as well.

Thanks for the reply Ken.

The PLC is connected to 1794 series flex IOs. The IOs are used to implement a kind of parallel interface. 8 Data lines and a STROBE line are used to strobe in the data to the external device, an output (ACK) from the external device acknowledges the receipt of each byte, another output RDY indicates the status of the external device wether busy or not.

Rockwell 1794-IB16 are the inputs from the external device, 1794-OB16 are outputs to the external device.

The download link is given below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq3074a63blp6qy/parallel-test.RSS.zip?dl=0

A PDF of the above program would be most helpful

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks OkiePC for converting the program.

Indeed the program has no comments.

Thanks
a