Allen Bradley Ultra3000 E11 error

jcsbnsx

Ok so first allow me to bow my head and say I'm a retired mechanical engineer and while I still have a few brain cells left there is something I think I'm missing in the setup.
I have 2 Ultra3000 servo drives and 2 Mpl servo's. Regardless of the combination I'm getting the E11 error which has to do with the phasing not being correct. I've double checked the wiring harnesses and changed the orientation of UVW. Nope, nothing helps. Both of the drives are used but appear to be in operational condition (I have no direct history on them).
I have not tried to communicate with the drives through any program. This is where I'm falling short. Could the drives been programmed previously so that they don't recognize the servo's? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
John

I’m with Geoff on this one. Most drives have an encoder feedback “invert” bit that needs to be set to match the direction of the encoder, to what the drive expects to see.

You would have 4 possible scenarios.

Motor wired, invert = 1, drive faults.
Motor wired, invert = 0, drive does not fault but travels in the wrong direction
Motor rephrased, invert = 1, motor runs intended direction and does not fault.
Motor rephrased, invert = 0, drive faults.

Thinking about it again if you rephrased is still got the alarm I bet you have no feedback at all. Check your feedback, hall/encoder connections.

changed the orientation of UVW.

E11 is an error for Hall phasing, not power phasing (although if _Dock_ is right and it's checking encoder phase against actual motor connections, then incorrect motor phasing could cause the issue to show up).

It's almost certainly an issue with your feedback device, wiring, or settings.