Help with safety programming on LogixDesigner

royalmaster

Hello everyone!

So I'm currently using the Studio 5000 Logix Designer V33.00.01 and I need to program the following safety modules:

5094-IB16S
5094-OB16S
5094-OW4IS

I wanted to know if you guys know any manual or even a tutorial on how to program them (the modules are already in the I/O configuration).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

There is a ton of information on safety programming in the technotes. The way safety programs are written by rockwell have changed significantly over the years. Try the newest ones first.

ROYAL
Are you asking specifically about how to configure the modules?
It sounds as though you are asking how to write the safety program.
That is a totally separate thing...:)

ROYAL
Are you asking specifically about how to configure the modules?
It sounds as though you are asking how to write the safety program.
That is a totally separate thing...:)

I meant more on how to write the safety program. sorry if I wasn't clear, english is not my first language. Thanks for the heads up

There is a ton of information on safety programming in the technotes. The way safety programs are written by rockwell have changed significantly over the years. Try the newest ones first.

thank geoff
I've been reading these technotes this morning and trying to figure this stuff out

There is a lot to consider when writing safety logic:

What Category of Safety are you trying to achieve? That not only dictates the type of code required, but the amount of I/O and field devices necessary to achieve the Category rating. A brief synopsis of Categories: https://www.automation.com/en-us/articles/2011-1/safety-related-control-systems

Do you have the necessary I/O and devices to achieve the required Category for your process?

Once you are able to define the above, then you can start looking at the various Safety Instructions and how they are used in conjunction with Safety Categories. Most of my installs use E-STOP, DCS and CROUT instructions.

Safety code is not for the inexperienced as loss of life, limb and machinery can occur by not programming adequately. A safety system is only as strong as its weakest link.

There is a lot to consider when writing safety logic:

What Category of Safety are you trying to achieve? That not only dictates the type of code required, but the amount of I/O and field devices necessary to achieve the Category rating. A brief synopsis of Categories: https://www.automation.com/en-us/articles/2011-1/safety-related-control-systems

Do you have the necessary I/O and devices to achieve the required Category for your process?

Once you are able to define the above, then you can start looking at the various Safety Instructions and how they are used in conjunction with Safety Categories. Most of my installs use E-STOP, DCS and CROUT instructions.

Safety code is not for the inexperienced as loss of life, limb and machinery can occur by not programming adequately. A safety system is only as strong as its weakest link.

thanks for the reply robert
I'm honestly new in safety programming so I'm kinda lost on where to start. I'll read the content you sent, thanks for the help.