TIA Portal underscore seperator?

dhullett08

I have an issue in TIA Portal that I cant find an answer to. I build out a unique identifier for faulting per our companies software standard by using a stationID, ComponentID, FaultedState and Fault Number. The equation is dne using a calculate instruction (((IN1 * IN3) + (IN2 * IN4) + IN5) * IN6) + IN7. As long as the result is 8 digits everything is fine, but as soon as I go to 9 digits then I get an "_" seperator. example:
IN1 = StationID = 10
IN2 = ComponentID = 10
IN3 = 1000000
IN4 = 10000
IN5 = FaultedState = 5020
IN6 = 10
IN7 = Fault Number = 1

The expected result is 101050201, but I get 101_050_201 instead of 101050201. The underscores stay when I convert this value to a string for display purposes. Does anyone know what causes this or how to change this behavior?

Thanks,

i think he means the 1000 separator is an underscore and is trying to get rid of it in his output

It just dawned on me that maybe are are doing this in a Script in WinCC rather than in code in an S7 PLC.
And if so, WinCC Advanced or WinCC Professional ?
The "_" may be a setting in Windows that affects your VBS or C script.

Describe what you have done in detail.