TIA SCL Monitoring Loops Function

Big_Robo

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well, I am in need of something so simple, I have made a small program in SCL and want to monitor some loops in simulation mode but for the life of me I cant find it any option menus.

Thank You

Can you explain what it is that you want ?
When you simulate, the program runs as it would in a real PLC. An SCL loop will run as in the real PLC.
Do you mean you want to add breakpoints ? If so, search for "breakpoint" in the online help.

Can you explain what it is that you want ?
When you simulate, the program runs as it would in a real PLC. An SCL loop will run as in the real PLC.
Do you mean you want to add breakpoints ? If so, search for "breakpoint" in the online help.

Hi,

thank you for the response.

I have made a while command and when I simulate the message is gives me where is normally states (True / False) is "The monitoring of loops is deactivated by default)

in the drop down it then says "activate the monitoring of loops using the shortcut menu via the command *monitor - monitoring of loops*

I am used to ladder so this is new to me.

Thanks

A side note; breakpoints work with s7-1500 not s7-1200; and not that well either. I have found it much more practical and time efficient to develop structured text code on other platforms, specifically CodeSys based, and port it back to TIA. Not necessarily the entire block but any tricky code that requires monitoring, stepping into or breakpoints. TIA is a nightmare for debugging.