Siemens tia portal ver 11

RY_Guthrie

I have Siemens controller, s7-1200 programmed with Version 11 of tia portal, I am at a location where due to internet download speeds it is going to be near impossible to download this version. My question is this, can i connect to the controller using a later version, say v14 and upload the current program from the controller? Does it convert it to the version used to upload? Also if i have the offline development file can i open it with Ver. 14? Thank you for your help!

I had this problem once before and used up nearly all my mobile data for the month at the time downloading the base package and then the correct service pack and update to match. Without migrating your project and overwriting everything there's no way to get online without the correct version. To migrate the project it needs to be converted to version 13 before you can change it to anything newer.

I think that beethoven_ii is right. If there is a program made with V11 on the CPU, you need V11 to go online.
You can possible update the firmware, and then be allowed to download a new program made with a recent TIA version.
What type no is the CPU ?
What is the firmware version ?

Also if i have the offline development file can i open it with Ver. 14?
I think that you need to convert the V11 program with V13SP2, and then convert from V13SP2 to V14.

Disclaimer: I am not 100% sure of the above. V11 was special and I dont work with S7-1200.

If you have the offline v11 project, then as sigmadelta suggest maybe someone here can convert it to V14 for you.

I cannot open the application with ver 11 sp2 update 5 and that is what its asking for. It keeps giving me the same error, I need to install tia portal v11 sp 2 update 5 wincc basic v11 update 2 wincc comfort v11 update 2. i will try and upload the ver 11 i have in a another post.

tia ver 11 errors

see the snips I off the error I get when i try to open the ver 11 app and then the version of of software I have installed. I tried converting it to version 14 but it wont allow that. Im at a loss of what to do with this. I cannot overwrite the program as it will not allow me to download a program from version 13, 14.

installed software 2021-05-16 175501.png ver 11 update 2 2021-05-16 175304.png

So you have to install WinCC Comfort and not just WinCC Basic. You would have to install Comfort and either have a license for Comfort, or a Trial version.

You should download the files from the section called: WinCC Comfort/Advanced V11 SP2 incl Upd2 Trial:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...c-wincc-v11-sp2-trial-download?dti=0&lc=en-WW

This is also true for V13 + SP2... you would need WinCC Comfort/Advanced V13 SP2 Trial:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...c-wincc-v13-sp2-trial-download?dti=0&lc=en-WW

Last edited: