Tia portal v16, PLC 1500, indirect addressing

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

Working with Tia v16 on a PLC 1515F

I am getting older by the minute, beating on indirect addressing for a DB

I have a DB with 65 row of data type "Motor" they are named: 100, 112, 114, 220, 230 ............

I would like to copy data on a motor form the DB to another DB with only one row of the same datatype.

I would like to use a pointer to select the right motor, my pointer comes in from the HMI as a Int.

I have tried everything so far, just not the right solution.

If anyone have the trick, please point me in the right direction :)

Thanks

Post a screen shot of your DB please. Optimised or non optimised? can you switch to non-optimised?

Last edited:
Example code:

Generate list of motor indexes from their names along with any pointers to them, search though the list until the one selected from the HMI is found and copy that motor entry to the single motor entry.

SCL, DB and datatype source attached.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

What I ended up making a "case for" setup, doll work but as a quick fix and it works, but my next job will inclued 200 motors, and here it would be nice to have something in place that will make this easier :)

I was thinking of dumping the data into an array, but then I still need a translation between the array number and my motor number.

In my mind I had this idear that I was able to point directly at the db name for the UDT, but this has been driving me crazy:

I will have a go on your setup over the weekend.

Thanks

You have packed the 65 identical motors in a single DB.
The DB is not formatted as an array, but as 65 identical structs defined by a UDT.
You would like to access the motor data as an array, despite that it is not formatted as an array.
So thats the task at hand.

I would forward the entire structure to an FC wherein I would make an AT view of the structure. The AT view is then formatted as an Array of the UDT.
You can then comfortably within the FC access each motor by the array index.
This is elegant, there is no copying of the data back and forth. It is merely two alternative vews of the same data.