RsLinx, RsLogix Emulate 500 & Windows 10 - no bueno

gmin

I have followed instructions for installing

RsLinx
RsLogix Emulate 500
RsLogix Micro English

I have added the driver "EMU500 SLC 500 (DH485)" to rslinx... it says it's running. I have RSLogix Emulate 500 running.

RsLinx shows
EMU500-1, DH-485
00 Workstation, status - program

Running RSLogix Micro Starter Lite > communications I select "workstation" and cannot go Online... it's greyed out.

I have tried running all as admin and still cannot go "Online".

Driver diagnostics in "RSLinx"
packets sent to emulator 0
packets received from emulator 0

It looks like RSLinx cannot see the emulator.

Any help?

Another thing is that I made an RSS file and tried to open it in RSLogix Emulate 500 and it says that it needs to be compiled. But I can't compile it unless I get RSLogix Micro Starter to connect to it.... it's a maddening chicken and egg problem perhaps.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum !

I think I've had this issue when I've gone back to Emulate 500 after a while away.

In general, to execute an SLC-500 program in the Emulator you Open it from the Emulator, rather than emulating a Download.

To get the project "compiled" so it can be opened by the Emulator, in the top level toolbar in RSLogix 500, click the "Verify Project" button, a "sheet of paper with a green checkmark" icon, then Save the project file.

The Verify Project function is also accessible from the menus: Edit -> Verify Project.

Then try to open the *.RSS file with Emulate 500.

Thanks for your replies.

You have helped me get further. In fact it is pretty close to working.

I have done like you suggested.

I "verified" the project and saved it.

I opened it up in RSLogix Emulate 500 ... set it's address to "01" now it's happy.

It now appears in RSLinx.

I also had to remove the driver from RSLinx and add it again to get it to work. And the diagostics from RSLinx say it's communicating to the emulator.

I also had to run the RSLogix Emulate 500 as admin.

Now the "Online" button is in RSLogix Micro Starter is lit up and I can click it however I get a "Server Busy" message box about 8 times and then it says
"Not able to start emulator".

So much closer... I'll keep playing with it... I'll try running everything as admin.

My RSS program is only the default program I didn't add anything to it. Could that be an issue?

I was following these directions...
http://www.theautomationstore.com/r...-emulate-500-installing-and-configuring-them/

they need a few more steps added.

Well....

I restarted everything and lo and behold it is now working.

The "ladder" gif in RSLogix Micro is swirlling around and around.

Thanks for your assistance.