Power Flex 753 drive configuration

L D[AR2P#0.0]

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking at how to configure a (new to me) Power Flex 753 drive. The part number is as follows and has been specified by a third party:

20F1ANC170JN0NNNNN

The part number code indicates there is no HIM module. All the manuals I've read indicate you program the drive via a HIM module. Is there a programming port + associated software you can use instead?

I don't have acccess to the drive as it is on order.

Doesn't the CCW software allow the configuration of drives? I haven't used it on the 753, but it works a treat on the 525. The manual for the 753 implies that it's possible to use the CCW software to set it up.

The 525's are actually quite nice to set up as you don't need any power to them, the control module can be USB powered for setup and it's detachable from the VFD. That's not the case on the 753.

You can use CCW (Connected Component Workbench) it is a free download from Rockwell Automation.

If you are not getting a ethernet communication module you will need to get a 1203-USB to be able to communicate with the VSD.

Alan

The wizard in CCW (or Studio 5000 Logix Designer if you are connecting it to a Logix processor) is easier to follow than the HIM startup, but you probably still want to purchase a HIM. As was mentioned earlier, you will need a 1203-USB since the 753 does not have an ethernet port. I would highly recommend purchasing the HIM even if you can do the startup from the wizard. You will not be able to see fault codes or reset faults with connecting via a laptop if you do not have a HIM.

HIM being acquired, thanks for the advice. I'm presuming you can do a fault reset via a digital input though.

You can program digital inputs to do a variety of things... however you only have three of these in the basic version. You can get a card that has more inputs though.