Separate Profinet and Ethernet connections on Siemens S7 300

Bilbo1161

I have a machine that has a Siemens PLC CPU 315-2 PN/DP.
It has numerous remote units on profinet using a 192.168.0.x network range.

Is it possible to have another network that is my corporate network to connect to my Intouch application? This would have be be a completely different range.

I have looked at lots of videos, but haven’t seen this done.

Does this require an additional module or should I be able to do it with what I have?

Thanks
Paul

It could be done with another 343-1 CP module, or with a level-3 switch.
But... I would have serious security concerns.
You need to speak with a knowledgeable security expert. I would guess you need at least one firewall, perhaps two, with a DMZ area.

Why would you have concerns Ken?
When I said corporate network I was probably a bit misleading.
We have a separate corporate network, that allows internet access and another shop floor network, with WIP stations and PLCs on.
This is the network I want to connect to.
Can the original CPU not do this without adding another Ethernet interface?

You could fit a Scalance switch with built in NAT and a Firewall. I’ve used the S602 before but it would appear to be discontinued. I’m sure there will be other models that do the same but if you have no security concerns you could just add a CP343-1 Lean on the same IP range as your corporate network.

Last edited:
Add a Router between the PLC and the company network.
Chances are, there is already a router somewhere just waiting for you to hook up to it. Talk to IT about it. But be sure to point out that on the PLC network side you manage the network, not IT.
Obviously on the company network side there have to be security measures in place. On the PLC/HMI side, password protection and a user access regime must be in place.