allen bradley PLC software

jairus

Hi experts,

Good day to you all.

I had already tried siemens and omron plc several times in my previous project. Now i would like to experience Allen Bradley in my next medium size project, can you pls. help me, example: in seimens S7-1200 and s7-300, then what is the latest counterpart in allen bradley? and the software also.

Thank you in advance...

CompactLogix is similar to S7-300/S7-1500
ControlLogix is similar to S7-400/S7-1500.
There is no direct equivalent for S7-1200. Physically MicroLogix1400 resembles S7-1200, but the programming of MicroLogix is based on SLC500, so it is not in the same family as CompactLogix/ControlLogix, like S7-1200 is in the same family as S7-1500 as far as programming goes.

ControlLogix and CompactLogix use the same software package, usually known as RSLogix5000, now Studio 5000 Logix for the latest version. The required version you have to use for programming depends on the firmware of the PLC processor and if you are looking at previous installs, then you have to have the correct version installed to view the PLC programme.

Micrologix is programmed by RSLogix500 and is much simpler....

If you are going brand new equipment for the next project, I would personally choose the newer (RS or Studio) 5000 line and go with the CompactLogix or ControlLogix. Who knows how long that current project will be in use and how long the "older" lines will be supported fully (or at all)

Thank you so much for all your inputs. I hope allen Bradlley will not make a big difference in terms of pricing with the siemens counterpart...

Hi

What ever about price of hardware there is a big difference in the price of the software here anyway. also remember that function block programming is an addon to the standard package in Allen Bradley also the same with structured text. You get both with the pro version but this does add to the price.

Working with ab is very different to Siemens, not better or worse just different

Donnchadh

Depending on what you want to accomplish with the PLC, the rough equivalent to the S7-1200 is now the A-B Micro800 line, which is not quite as expandable as the S7-1200, but provides similar functionality. The software for that product line is different from Studio 5000, but it is free. It's called Connected Components Workbench and also programs the line of PanelView Component HMIs that go with the Micro800s, as well as all PowerFlex VFDs and most of the AB Soft Starters (the SMC-3 is not programmable).