plcs.net

userxyz

Hello fellow PLCS users,

I am wondering about the future of this webforum. I'm a member since 2002 and since then I didn't see much changing in the layout or interface of this forum. Not that a complete reformat is needed, but it's a pitty that there isnt a PLCS app or a mobile phone interface for this great and giant populated webforum.

Are there future plans with PLCS.net ? Just wondering ��

Regards
G

I think the format is great. Easy to use/navigate and intuitive.

I am also a member on the Siemens Forums, and they did a major re-haul of the forums and I think it is horrible. I was pretty active there, but now I check in once in a while.

App would be pretty nice, or perhaps a formatting that would adjust for phone use as you state.

All in all, keep up the good work mods :)

I think a mobile app for the forum would be amazing. Unfortunately, I've never used a forum app that I really liked. Most are OK for reading and maybe quick replies, but to post anything of substance I find that I need to be at a PC. I need to be able to look at what i'm replying to while i'm typing, and I often need to be able to hunt for some links at the same time.

I haven't found any mobile apps that can multitask with me like that.

I think the website itself is fine, even if it looks a little dated. I'm with boneless on the Siemens support site redesign. It looks la little flashier, maybe, but I can't do the things I used to be able to do. Even worse, a lot of the links take me somewhere different than I was expecting to go. EVEN even worse, it seems to only work properly in Internet Explorer; any other browser I try starts having trouble after awhile. It just gets stuck on a loading screen, some kind of javascript loop.

whatever you do - PLEASE do not go with the watered-down pastel colors that so many other forums are using lately ... blue-on-white is MUCH harder to read than black-on-white - at least for 68 year-old eyes like mine ...

another (un-named) forum has been redesigned lately - and I hate to even go there anymore ...

as far as I'm concerned - if it ain't broke, don't fix it ... personally I don't need "modern" - I need readable ...

Why does it have to be an app? I can open it up just fine on both my iPhone and Android tablet using the web browser. Works great. Ironically enough I think that this forum is a lot like a lot of automation systems, just because you can updated it with the latest and greatest doesn’t mean you should. It works fine, the information is easy to get, it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I consider this the premier forum amongst the 4 or 5 that I frequent.

It is readable, and allows graphic and file uploads.

I despise change for the sake of change.

I concur with the others, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Dan

It's one of the few things in the world that works

I can't tell you how many times the people on this site have rescued me. I'm going to retire within the month, so the format won't matter to me, but I can tell you that it ain't broke ....don't need nothing

You can do better here, quicker than the manufacturers

I agree with the general consensus. The forum works best the way it is. Most other forums I see break things down into focused categories. Although the theory is good, for me it makes them feel scattered and segmented. You can use find new posts features but I still prefer the linear nature of this forum.

examples?

Hi,

Someone please guide me to a mobile format forum that actually is useable.

I use my phone(Android Lollipop) to regularly access many forums and many/some default to the mobile format. They are absolutely horrible... 'in my opinion'. I use full site mode 100% of the time. But maybe I'm just missing a good one... so someone kindly guide me to a good example.

Thanks,
Phil

This one is actually pretty good on my phone browser. Some of the formatting could perhaps be improved.

I sense a challenge for any app developers on here :)

image.jpg

Reg. GX Developer-8 installation error

hello all, i'm very much new in Mitsubishi PLC. While installing GX Developer-8 i'm facing error.

Error is: Componentmovedata had the following error:
Media Name: data
Component: Comm Dll Reg Comp.
File Group: Comm Dll Reg File.
File: C:\windows\system32\oleaut32.dll
Error Number: -119

I don't understand about this err. kindly give a good solution. its windows7 64-bit laptop

& I tried to copy 'oleaut32.dll' file from other pc which I able to install same software. But bad luck I couldn't able to paste into my laptop.

kindly give a best solution
thanks in advance

melsoft.jpg

The layout and format of this site has been very good in the 2 years I have been using it.

I use Tapatalk for another forum, which is OK, but not always great to use and I do get problems when trying to upload files - it pushes you to log in via facebook - why would I?

I say - leave well alone!