FT Previous Screen with Parameters

jholm90

Hello

When using "Return to Display Button" on a screen with parameters it seems to forget what parameters were passed to that screen previously. Is there any way to remember this? Do I have to use a macro with holding registers or something?

I have this "Return to Display" button in the main navigation toolbar of the project and would prefer not having direct display call buttons with logic for each screen.

Thanks for your insight..

You didn't mention SE or ME but your wording of "Return to Display Button" sounds like ME...

For SE when you leave that display, the parameters are discarded. I think the only way to get back to the previous screen using those same parameters would be to use the Button object.

I would have each of my parameter files write to a tag with a unique number so I can look at that tag and know which parameter file was last loaded. Then write an expression in the Button object to use the current value of that tag and have it reload the display with that specific parameter file.

In the past I have always had it reload with a default parameter file rather than trying to remember which one I was using last.

Not sure how I would approach that with ME.

OG