1734-AENT adding issues

bill4807

Hi everybody,

I am having an issue adding a 1734-aent/ series C.
My rack is:
1734:
Aent
IB8
IB8
IB8
field distributor
OB8.

I get the yellow triangles now. Rack count is set at 5.
I previously had this same setup configured and it worked. But that was with the series B.
So now i have downloaded and installed the series C, AOP for my RS5000. I am running firmware V20.13.

I have tried to change the series and version of the aent module and still no good. Series C-V6.012

I have tried deleting my old configuration and re building it and still yellow triangles.
I am able to ping the IP from my computer as well.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Verify that you've got the correct IP address using a Web browser, and RSLinx Classic. PING is nice, but it's not conclusive.

Both of those methods should also let you double-check the Rack Size value for the 1734-AENT.

What is the error message or code that goes along with the yellow triangles ? Does it indicate a broken connection (usually 0x0204) or a configuration conflict ?

What ControlLogix or CompactLogix (and if a ControlLogix, what model of 1756-ENxx Ethernet module) are you using ?

Hi Ken,

Compactlogix L24ER.
I do not know what error is, i will have to look.
Rslinx can see the AENT and calls it that but says unrecognized.

>RSLinx can see the AENT and calls it that but says unrecognized.

Interesting. That suggests the EDS file isn't registered.

RSLinx can read a device's name string out of its Identity Object, so it can be labeled a "1734-AENT Series C" or similar text in the RSLinx browse. But it needs the EDS to be registered to show the correct icon, and recognize it as a device through which RSLinx can browse and see the POINT I/O modules on the backplane or subnet.

Studio 5000 should only need an Add On Profile, but an unrecognized A-B device is not normal in RSLinx.

The -AENT has a relatively big memory and runs Windows CE under the hood. It almost certainly allows you to right-click and select "Download EDS" in RSLinx Classic.

Last edited:
I suspected that maybe i didnt have the correct EDS file.
But i know I had the old one loaded for the series B.
When i looked on the compatability website i did not see a specific EDS for series C. So i figured my setup already has the original, i thought all i needed was one no matter what series or version?

I will try to do a right click and see if linx will show download EDS, but i am almost sure i have tried that, and nothing came up. I will try in the morning.
I am using RS5000 not studio designer platform. My version is 20.04 software.

Cannot right click on it in the who active screen.
I attached 2 photos. One of the unrecognized device and the other of my rslinx screwing up.
Right now im trying to reinstall linx.

20210609_084221.jpg 20210609_083749.jpg

Well found the problem.
After an hour of screwing with rslinx to open.
Then i opened the web browser as Ken suggested.
The rack size was set to 1.
I did not know the rack configuration DID NOT come with the download??
Anyways i changed rack to 5 in linx module configuration section and no more yellow triangles.

Thanks for everybodies help!