SLC 5/03 firmware

Lukas01

Hi,

I have 1747-L532E (OS302 C FRN 11) and RSLOGIX 500 ver 8.40. In RSLogix I can only choose FRN 10 for processor type. How to upgrade firmware version of CPU in RS Logix 500?

Also, is it problem if I download FRN 10 from RSLogix to CPU with FRN 11?

Thanks

Last edited:
I am running version 9.00.00 [CPR9], but you should see the same thing as the image attached. The option is "Series C FRN 10 and later", meaning you should be able to use this choice with your processor with no issue.

ProcType.PNG

I am running version 9.00.00 [CPR9], but you should see the same thing as the image attached. The option is "Series C FRN 10 and later", meaning you should be able to use this choice with your processor with no issue.

Thank you for your feedback.

But when I compile my software, a get a warning for channel 0 (I am using this channel for MODBUS communication with 3rd party device).

Warning.JPG

Thank you for your feedback.

But when I compile my software, a get a warning for channel 0 (I am using this channel for MODBUS communication with 3rd party device).

The software does not know what firmware you actually have installed, just that it is 10 or higher. It is warning you that in the case you have a processor that is not v11 or higher (ie you have a v10), your channel configuration is not compatible.

Since you do have a v11 firmware, the warning should not concern you.

The software does not know what firmware you actually have installed, just that it is 10 or higher. It is warning you that in the case you have a processor that is not v11 or higher (ie you have a v10), your channel configuration is not compatible.

Since you do have a v11 firmware, the warning should not concern you.

Thank you for clarification!

Best regards