how can i connect one load cell with two load cell modules?

HamzaAhmed

Hello guys,

I have a load cell connected with Siemens load cell module, i want to add Delta load cell module and take a signal only from the load cell without give it an excitation from Delta load cell module.

I tried the previous way but it didn't work the weight is not stable, so i am thinking to connect the load cell modules the delta and siemens with the same power supply and connect all wires without cut the excitation. could that works?

Do any one have an instead solation?

Thanks,

I am not 100% sure, my first reaction would be it cannot be done. I think it is either highly unusual to do as you intend to do, or it just plain does not work.

What might perhaps work, is if one of the amplifiers (or digitizers) is 6-wire. You would then not use the excitation voltage from this device, but you would connect the sense wires. Not sure if this actually works though. I'm sure there are folks more knowledgable than me who can elaborate.

Why would you want to do this, can you explain the reason behind your question?

Typically with multiple load cells toy need a summing board to combine the signals for all the load cells and give 1 signal of the combined cells
Any of the scale manufactures should be able to supply you with what you need

Typically with multiple load cells toy need a summing board to combine the signals for all the load cells and give 1 signal of the combined cells
Any of the scale manufactures should be able to supply you with what you need

That is the reverse of what HamzaAhmed asked for, Gary. He doesn't need to wire multiple load cells to one input. Rather he asked for a way to use one single load cell with more than one amplifier (or digitizer). That is not resolved by use of a summing board.

I am not 100% sure, my first reaction would be it cannot be done. I think it is either highly unusual to do as you intend to do, or it just plain does not work.

What might perhaps work, is if one of the amplifiers (or digitizers) is 6-wire. You would then not use the excitation voltage from this device, but you would connect the sense wires. Not sure if this actually works though. I'm sure there are folks more knowledgable than me who can elaborate.

Why would you want to do this, can you explain the reason behind your question?

Thanks for your answer, the reason is mu customer bought a manufature with full automation, but i did a better system and automation but he want to monitor and see the scales with the two systems.

That is the reverse of what HamzaAhmed asked for, Gary. He doesn't need to wire multiple load cells to one input. Rather he asked for a way to use one single load cell with more than one amplifier (or digitizer). That is not resolved by use of a summing board.

yes you are right

Your only actual solution, would be to use a Dual Bridge Load Cell.

Several companies make them.

A single bridge won't work, as each amplifier is going to want to supply its own excitation. Yes, it is technically possible to excite a strain gauge from one amplifier, and read it on another, but then you aren't actually evaluating the actual operation of the system.

Is there a network between the Siemens and the Delta? Perhaps only one of them could make the actual measurement i.e. connect to the load cell, and the other could get the value from there e.g. Modbus or similar?

Your only actual solution, would be to use a Dual Bridge Load Cell.

Several companies make them.

A single bridge won't work, as each amplifier is going to want to supply its own excitation. Yes, it is technically possible to excite a strain gauge from one amplifier, and read it on another, but then you aren't actually evaluating the actual operation of the system.

Seems great.
I didn't hear about dual bridge load cell before.
Thanks a lot

Is there a network between the Siemens and the Delta? Perhaps only one of them could make the actual measurement i.e. connect to the load cell, and the other could get the value from there e.g. Modbus or similar?

Yes you are right, but i didn't know the Siemens plc code and it's not supporting Modbus as i know , and i don't want to edit it because of grantee issues.

Do have a way to see all modbus registers and values at the same time?