AB Msg_Write taking a long time

spif

Hi, all! I'm currently working on an AB program using MSG instructions to open a socket and write then read messages via the socket. Everything works fine, except the MSG "WriteSocket" command seems to take well over 10 seconds to complete and it seems to me the message write should be extremely quick.

Before I share code or anything like that, has anyone else experienced the same issue?

MSG Write should not take 10 seconds. Not sure how you are measuring it.
MSG Write Socket actually getting DN bit when data is written to the EN2T buffer, not to the peer device.
You can't read and write at the same time.

I would recommend to start with Knowledge base samples and AOIs instead of writing something own.

You can't read and write at the same time

I used an example from the Rockwell Database for my program, but your above quote was my problem. I accidentally used the same bit in my program to toggle the read and write message instructions, so they were both running simultaneously. Thanks!