Problem with Modicon A984-131 PLC and BDAP-210 output module

PaulKraemer

Hi,

I am trying to get a machine started that was moved from one location to another. It has a Modicon 984-A131 PLC. I have Schneider Electric ProWorx32 version 2.1 SP1 running on an old laptop with Windows Vista.

I have run into a bit of a challenge. Without having made any changes to the PLC or it's I/O (other than moving the equipment and reconnecting it to a new power source), the PLC powers up fine and I am able to communicate with it in ProWorx. When online, I am able to see my digital inputs change states (when I press a button or change a selector switch), and I am able to see my digital outputs change states as I would expect based on my logic. My problem is that when my digital outputs are turned ON in my logic (as monitored in ProWorx), the actual outputs on my BDAP-210 output modules are not turned ON accordingly. All of the digital outputs on these modules (I have four) remain OFF (as indicated by the LEDs and by measuring voltage at the output terminal) regardless of the state in my logic. (I did verify that I have power going into the terminals that source power for the BDAP-210. This is about 124 VAC at this site, which is a bit high, but I believe still in a range that is acceptable.)

If anyone can offer a suggestion as to what might be the cause of my problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and best regards,
Paul

Were the physical output OFF measurements with the physical process wiring connected to the outputs? If yes, is the result the same without the process wiring connected?