You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old December 16th, 2017, 02:03 AM   #1
andepand
Netherlands

Omron CJ2M and Wago remote I/O

Hi there,

I’m not sure how familiar most of you are with Wago remote I/O, but I hope you may have some solution for the following connection problem I’m having.

I’m working on a project to modernise an old folder collecting machine for which I’m using an Omron CJ2M Cpu33 together with 8 Wago 750-352 remote I/O units over ethernet/ip.

These Wago units all contain two 8DI digital input cards and two 8DO digital output cards alongside a 750-610 bus power supply card.

Adding them to my network in CX network manager is no problem and all seems to work fine. That is, as long as I don’t physically add the bus power supply card, which I need to, well.. power the Wago bus.

Soon as I add this card (which was in place while making all the necessary settings to the Wago and Omron units) it just won’t connect. Remove it and it connects like it should.

As far as I know the power supply card has no I/O addresses or other communication functions whatsoever, so I can’t get my head around it.

Even stranger is that when instead of it I add an analog input card, with bus power connections build in, it connects without a problem.

The .eds file only contains info about the main Wago unit, after installing it I should be able to add any kind of I/O card and address them in the Omron software.

Also, the supply card is added and visible as a fifth card in the Wago I/O settings and the I/O status led is green during this error. Therefore I would say the problem is at the Omron side.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance

Andy - The Netherlands

Last edited by andepand; December 16th, 2017 at 02:15 AM.
Old December 16th, 2017, 11:58 AM   #2
Henny
Netherlands

Hello Andy

According to the manual the 750-610 provides Some statusbits. I used 750-602 module with 750-352 coupler configured as modbus tcp server to Exchange I/0 with a Unitronics plc. The 750-602 is passieve and has no statusbits, means that no additional configuration is needed. I have no experience with the 750-352 as ethernet ip adapter. But for me this sounds like a configuration problem where in your new setup the diagnostic is perhaps enabled and in the old situation not?

My advice would be to contact Wago Netherlands in Apeldoorn and ask for mr Top or mr Maneschijn. I have very good experience with their support.

Kind regards

Henny
Old December 16th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #3
andepand
Netherlands

Hi Henny,

I figured I’d have a much bigger chance of someone having a solution when asking on an American forum, since it’s backed by a lot more people.

Still it’s a fellow Dutchman comming up with an answer

I checked and you’re right. Didn’t realise this card provides a status bit.
I’ll see if I can find a workaround, and will contact Wago if I have to. Otherwise I’ll just order the 750-602, since it’s just 13 Euros a piece.

Thanks for your reply!
Old December 17th, 2017, 06:20 AM   #4
Henny
Netherlands

Hallo Andy

No thanks.

As a tip on another big german plc forum
https://www.sps-forum.de/index.php. You Will also find a support forum for Wago.
Perhaps you can post your topic there.

Kind regards and good luck!

Henny
Old December 17th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #5
andepand
Netherlands

Thanks!

I’ve been thinking, this statusbit is a single bit which makes it an uneven one?
The omron doesn’t accept uneven bit counts.

Now there’s an option in the Wago coupler to make all bits even, which is set, perhaps that’s not possible with this single status bit.

I might be completely wrong here but it’s something I can ask the Wago technicians tomorrow.

Last edited by andepand; December 17th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:39 PM   #6
andepand
Netherlands

The solution was buying passive supply cards. There’s no way to even the status bits, Wago confirmed.

Case closed
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum