IFIX GE Questions

bodoo23

I have two questions regarding ifix.

1- Alarm summary just shows 200 alarms. Is there possibility to increase that number ? When I first open hmi, I saw 220 alarms and even though I click acknowledge, the remaining 20 remains unacknowledged. What to do solve this ?
2- I know there is an alarm horn built-in function but I want to start a buzzer connected to digital output once a new alarm comes. Is there a way to get this signal from hmi and use it in plc logic ?

Thanks in advance

1 - Does this system have a redundant server? I've had some issues in the past where we had these "ghost" alarms showing as existing, but not displayed and as such not possible to be reset. I ended up finding that once I brought the redundant server back up or at times all the clients been rebooted, these alarms would appear and allow to be reset. Perhaps something like this is happening? It seems as though there is an actual limitation (200 is too perfect of a number), but maybe it's what I've experienced.

2 - There are alarm counter variables in iFix per alarm area. You can map these variables onto a variable in your PLC and raise the alarm via the PLC since it's not dependent on speakers.
Do create a horn mute button (even if password controlled) because of problem 1. It's a ball ache having to deal with that problem with no way to shut the horn.

https://www.ge.com/digital/document...t/alm_accessing_alarm_counter_information.htm

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=111153

Sorry for late answer, I couldnt get into my account. I fixed the second issue thanks to your comments. But I still have problem with the first one. The reason is exactly same as you explained but Isn't there a permanent solution for it ?

I remember at the time digging a bit more into it, but couldn't get around to fiind the reason for it since it happened randomly and our support company couldn't make sense of it either. There is an application that looks like a command terminal named Alarm... something where you can see the state of the alarms from the clients and server and when this happened it showed that it couldn't connect. I always felt the issue we had there was on the network setup between servers and clients, but like I said, never managed to troubleshoot it properly.

At a certain point, since redundancy didn't really work there, we decided to leave just one server on to reduce the likelihood of this happening and instead had cold redundancy.