Factory Talk View SE - Multistate indicator Animation

smess.cle

Hi everyone,

I have an object which is a multistate indicator and I would like it to move horizontally and vertically with the Animation feature. It is unfortunately grayed out for the multistate indicator.
I know there is a way to do it because I saw some runtime with it.

Any idea how to do it?

Thanks

That object only allows for visibility animation. As a workaround, you could create your own version of a multistate indicator. Just need a rectangle with color animation and a string display with an expression defining the text you want displayed. That would allow for the full range of animations.

There are several other objects that are limited to just visibility animation. I think the idea behind this restriction was that an operator using the system shouldn't have to hunt on-screen for status information. Just a guess.

OG

Hi Operaghost,
I believe there is another way: grouping objects which are having the ability to be vertical/horizontal animated with that particular multistate? isn't it?

It's just I can't recall the exact way...

I grouped a simple rectangle that had all animation options (except OLE Verb) with the multi-state indicator. This new group still only had animation visibility.

OG

I wonder if duplicates of the object could be created in different locations, and only make visible the one in the desired location.