Sending a print screen to multiple locations with Siemens HMI

Walks

Hi, I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to print a PDF from a Siemens Comfort Panel HMI to multiple locations.

I can print a PDF to a single computer or USB drive using a print screen button on the Comfort Panel runtime application without a problem. I've gone through the Siemens documentation on printing from an HMI and it appears that they only allow you to print to one device by default.

Is it maybe possible to write a script that can send the PDF to multiple locations?

I found info on the Siemens forum but it doesn't appear to work.

Thanks for any help!

https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf//WW/en/posts/printing-on-multiple-printers/42245?page=0&pageSize=10"]https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf//WW/en/posts/printing-on-multiple-printers/42245?page=0&pageSize=10

Can you copy files from one network drive location to another network drive location ?
If so, you could have a script that does it in three steps.
1. Generate a filename, maybe from the clock (i.e. from 'Now').
2. Use the printscreen to default printer location and with the filename.
3. Copy the recently created file - using the filename from before - from one network location to another network location.

That being said, I think that maybe it is too much to ask for from the Comfort Panel.
Whomever it is that comes up with the request to print to 2 locations could just as well do the copying himself.
If I had to do this, I would save the screenshots on the local USB flash stick. And then have a couple of service buttons, i.e. "copy all screenshots to network server 1", "copy all screenshots to network server 2", "erase all screenshots from local flash memory", etc.

Thank you for the input. Ideally I'd like to be able to save the screenshots both on a USB drive plugged into the HMI and also a remote computer. I think creating the service buttons to copy from the USB drive to different network locations might be the best solution for now. I'll give that a shot.

As of now I only send a single PDF print screen of whatever screen is currently active on the HMI. I use the PDF v1.4 driver for Windows CE to setup the path. Currently it sends the PDF screenshot to a shared folder on a remote Windows 7 computer that is on the same network. It can only be setup to send to a single location as far as I know.

I suppose I could set it up to be shared across the network for other computers, but I would like to be able to also save the screenshots to a USB drive that can be plugged into an external USB port. So if I wanted to grab a quick screenshot I could plug the USB drive into the HMI USB port, save it there and it would still also be saved on the remote computer.