FTView SE v11 - Slow Display

junior

Hello everyone, I'm getting some weird behavior from one of my displays in a FTView SE v11 application which has a total of 10 displays. The display in question has roughly 150 tag connections on it (direct into the compact logix PLC with ethernet connection). Roughly 75 of the tag connections are for graphical objects like multi-state indicators, graphical, etc.. & the other 75 tags are embedded tags in text objects.

There is also a second smaller display open on the side with navigation buttons to other displays, and momentary push buttons to enable and turn on/off pumps.

The alarm server history is a sql express database & there are roughly 75 alarms configured in the application.

The display refresh rate is 0.5s for all displays.

What is happening, is when the display in question is visible the system really slows down to a point where the momentary push buttons on the second smaller display just stay on when pressed & if you navigate to open a different display then the system takes 10 - 20 seconds to respond. Once you are on a different display, then everything works fine. Even though the system slows down, the analog values the tags are displaying are updating as I would expect, so I don't believe that it's a communication issue.

What I have noticed is if I remove all the text objects which have the embedded tags from the display in question, the operation is fine, but when I only add 1 additional text object with an embedded tag, the system slows down as described above. I have also tried re-creating the display, but I get the same result. Somehow the tags that are embedded in the text object are giving the system problems.

I can also get the display in question to operate normally if I increase the update rate to 5s, but this is not desirable as it gives the application a slow response when buttons are pushed and indicators are lit up.

Has anyone ran into a situation like this and found a resolution?

TIA

Jr.

I recall having a similar issue in FT10 that related to the text objects with embedded tags. something you could try:

Make a new text object (without copying from any others) and put one of the embedded tags into it, then remove all other text objects. If that works you should be able to copy that text object to replace all others.

Obviously the latter is not ideal since you'll have to remake all the text objects (but then again you ARE using FactoryTalk ;))

Another thing you could try that I just remembered:

Make a brand new display and copy everything over to it, then test.

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did to fix this problem, only that I did. Hopefully one of these works for you and I can write it down for next time.

Thanks for the suggestions Clachet, but I couldn't get those to solve the issue. I deleted all the text objects with embedded tags, tested the display and the response & usability of the system was quick. I added one new text object with embedded tag and everything slowed down.

I also exported the problematic display to an xml file, deleted it, created a new one and imported the objects to it. This also didn't solve the issue.

Given that if I increase the displays Max Tag Update Rate to 5s then application response is then quick in terms of navigating to other displays, just tags and buttons that are tied to tags are a bit slow, I'm wondering if it's a computer or windows issue where the hardware and/or software can't keep up with the application?