Omron IR memory with Citect

JChong

Hi All,

I'm going to start with that I'm new to Omron and this is the first time I'm dealing with an Omron PLC.

I have a project where I'm trying to migrate the Omron from Citect to Redlion Flededge. The Citect is polling the Omron C200H through Hostlink (Omron driver in Citect 7.2) on RS422. I've found some Citect variable where it is polling address 12000 to 12015. My understanding from the Citect driver help is that those address should be correspond to the IR (or CIO) memory area in the Omron PLC. However all documentation points toward that the memory area starts from 0 to 511 so this should be an error. Despite that, those points are currently online in Citect and displaying a value. Am I understanding the documentation wrongly or is there something extra that I'll need to figure out on how those points are being polled.

Thanks.

Long time since using Omron, but found this in the manual, it appears 0-235 are words but 0-23515 can be used as bits in the CIO area.

C200.png

Just found this from Kepserver, maybe these are bit addresses but on Kepserver the bit is referenced as IRxxx.0-15

C200H.png

Thanks for that Parky.

The first document is a bit interesting as how the Omron differentiate a word request from a bits request. Whether it is based on the number of digits to determine that.

On the second document, the address on Citect doesn't have the decimal point between the digit so might not be that.

However you have given me a direction to try some things and I thank you for that.

It depends on the I/O driver & how it deals with the information for example if the address is CIO 000.01 in the PLC the I/O driver may have a different format for example CIO 00001 or any other combination, often I/O drivers just use their own take on addresses & parse the data to what the PLC understands, most I/O drivers will not send individual bits/words but in blocks to reduce overhead.
Surely there must be some documentation in Citect or it's pretty poor.
As you can see from the second one from Kepserver, there documentation is excellent.

Hi Parky,

There is not much help in the Citect for this protocol. From some testing, it seems like it is indeed [word][bits(0-15)] when the digit is above the allowable value.

Thanks for the help.